Friday, June 19, 2009

Working, Pancakes, Nightlife Day8

G'Day.
Well another wonderful day interning at 33. I really do love my job. I wrote several articles today and really enjoyed doing all the marketing and stuff. And for lunch I had the best sandwich ever as a side note.
So I wrote a story about the Sydney Winter Festival, which happens to be this weekend and now all of my office mates and I are going tommorow. I am so excited it's going to be so neat. I will tell everyone all about it!
So after work my apartment mates (the interns) and I headed out to Circular Quay, which has amazing views of the harbour bridge, opera house and the ferries. Really beautiful place. So we all met up for dinner and Jamie suggested "Pancakes on the Rocks" nope thats the name of the resteraunt not the drink. The Rocks is another suburb which is right next to Circular Quay. Anyways these pancakes were amazing and ihop cannot hold a candle to this place.
After pancakes we headed back home to Bondi Junction (our burb) and got ready for an evening on the town. We went to two really cool night spots- The Luberhein and the Argyle. The first one was a German-esque bar where there were full liters of beer being served. So we go upstairs and there is a dance club and they play Journey... awesome!
And the Argyle was more of a techno club than anything but it had really good music and an incredible set up. There was an outdoor bar with heat lamps and then you went inside and the DJ booth was suspended over the first floor between the two sides of the second. It was awesome and lots of fun. It was western night which cracked me up. So I'm like I am going to go take a picture with someone in their western wear. The one group of guys I pick out has someone from Houston... now I think I could just tell he was Texan...lol
Anways it was an amazing week so far. No whale watching tommorow due to rain but I reschedueld for next weekend...so no worries!
Tommorow is Saturday and I cannot wait!!! It's going to be a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment