Monday, June 29, 2009

Sydney Skytower and Rugby game. Day 17




Saturday...a day to explore. I did just that.
Today I went to the Sydney tower which stands 260 meters above Sydney, which the lady told me was a little less than 1000 ft. I went to the observation deck and decided to do the skywalk which is where you go outside the tower. It was amazing 360 views of Sydney. I could even see my apartment complex from the south view of the tower. We even jumped up and down in our harnesses to prove it was safe (check out my facebook pics!) It was soo cool. I also saw the Oztreck ride which is a "tour" virtually and theatrically through Australia. It was pretty cool
I then came home and got ready for some Rugby!
Tonight the Aussie Wallabies took on the French. It took us an hour and a half to get to the game at the Olympic Stadium but boy was it worth it. It was so much fun to watch rugby. Let me tell you something those guys are tough! They take hits no one could stand and it's like American Football and soccer put together ...intense and no pads!
It was really cool to watch and it went really fast. Overall great game and the Aussie's won!!! Go Wallabies!
Then it took an hour and a half to get home! But it was well worth it... I even got a Wallabies scarf to wear at home in the winter!
Until tommorow G'Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment