Saturday, June 20, 2009

WildLife World, IMAX and Winterfest Day9

So today is SATURDAY!!
I finally got to go do some great Sydney exploration. I was supposed to go whale watching today but due to the rain couldn't go
So, I headed out to Sydney Wildlife World on Darling Harbour. I hailed a cab after the bus because I had no idea where I was going. The cab driver was a pleasant Aussie who told me lots about the country and took me on a minitour of the area. Such a nice man! I love Aussies!!
Wildlife World was cool. I did get to see a baby koala crawl out of it's mom's pouch and peek out at everyone for a little bit. I also saw a cuckaburra which I had not yet seen and so the song about the cuckaburra and the gum tree was forever engrained in my head for the day.
After the animal visit, I went to Cockle Bay for lunch which was just around the corner. I actually had lunch alone.. which I had never done before, but it was nice to look out into the harbour and people watch. Great food and experience.
Then I headed to an IMAX show. Sydney has one of the world's largest IMAX theatres. It was neat! I saw an under the sea movie narrorated by who else but Jim Carrey...lol
But nevertheless the movie was a good one and it was amazing picture.
After the movie, I met my work friend Rebecca at Hyde Park for the Sydney WinterFestival. Which was INCREDIBLE. It was like winter around the world. It had amazing food, run punch (which was served warm and tasted amazing) and movies about the world's winters. I really enjoyed it because Becs and I sampled the food and shared a bit about each of our cultures. Rebecca's family actually celebrates Thanksgiving with her American aunt. I thought that was so cool and invited her to Texas anytime to celebrate the holidays. The ice rink and the fake snow just added to the atmosphere. It was a wondeful night.
Until tomomrow.
G'day!

No comments:

Post a Comment