Monday, July 6, 2009

Scuba Sydney Day 25


Sunday is the day to Scuba Dive. Jessica and I were in for the time of our lives.
We headed out to Manly Beach a short 30 minute fairy ride from Circular Quay. It was a nice ride but we had to be there really early in the morning. I started to come down with a cold...stuff nose and stuff so I was worried I wouldnt be able to do it but we still went.
We got to the dive center and got all of our equipment together and drove to the beach. We scuba dived off of Shelley Beach, which is the only northern facing beach in Sydney and it helps to protect from large waves and wind.
We took a brief intro course from Peter our instructor and put on the million pound equipment and walked out to the beach.
It was scary for me at first to go all the way under and breathe. It is a completely different experience. But Peter helped me to get used to it and in no time I was swimming like a pro and we were checking out pink coral and saw a school of blue groupers. I was also lucky enough to spot a leopard fish! It was beautiful and pretty cool being under the water. We also learned several dive skills to help us underwater.
We got out of the water and took a little break from it all and got something to drink. I started to feel sicker during this time as I was shivering, my nose was running and I had a hard time breathing so I had to sit out for the second dive for safety reasons.
There is always next time and it is better to be safe than have my lungs pop....ya know.
Anways Peter and the dive team were really nice and I would recommend Pro Dive Manly to anyone for whale watching or diving. Great group!
I loved my day but went to bed early!! I am trying to beat this cold and I may have to explore the medical system tommorow.
Until tommorow G'day!

No comments:

Post a Comment